Lessons from "Losers"
I recently watched an episode of the popular TV series, “Biggest Loser.” And I’m beginning to understand why it’s so popular. Here’s what jumped out at me as I watched:
- These people are honest about their struggles.
- Their lives are actually changing.
- They depend on their team to help them.
- They take seriously the impact they have on the rest of the team.
- They don’t want anyone to have to “lose,” (a.k.a. leave the show) even those whom they don’t like
- They’re all experiencing hope.
We’re attracted to these things. What’s more, this is a GREAT picture of what the church could be. Think about it:
- Honesty about struggles
- Genuine life change
- Depending on one another
- Accountability to the team
- Desiring to see everyone “win” even through conflict
- Experiencing HOPE.
How many of these are present in your church? Or your life? Personally, I’m about 4 out of 6. I’d love it if you could share your thoughts, ideas and experiences in this area. Just click on the “comments” section below this note.