Lessons from "Losers"
I recently watched an episode of the popular TV series, “Biggest Loser.” And I’m beginning to understand why it’s so popular. Here’s what jumped out at me as I watched:
- These people are honest about their struggles.
- Their lives are actually changing.
- They depend on their team to help them.
- They take seriously the impact they have on the rest of the team.
- They don’t want anyone to have to “lose,” (a.k.a. leave the show) even those whom they don’t like
- They’re all experiencing hope.
We’re attracted to these things. What’s more, this is a GREAT picture of what the church could be. Think about it:
- Honesty about struggles
- Genuine life change
- Depending on one another
- Accountability to the team
- Desiring to see everyone “win” even through conflict
- Experiencing HOPE.
How many of these are present in your church? Or your life? Personally, I’m about 4 out of 6. I’d love it if you could share your thoughts, ideas and experiences in this area. Just click on the “comments” section below this note.
Posted on March 18, 2010, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment