When you’ve lost the sense of wonder…
Easter is almost here. And you may be thinking, “I know the story. I know how it ends. I’ve been there, done that.” The wonder of Easter is gone. Like other traditions, Easter can drift from “wonder” to “whatever.” And that’s a very dangerous place to be.
- When we lose the wonder of Easter, we’re far more likely to believe that our life doesn’t really matter that much to God.
- When we lose the wonder of Easter, we’re far more likely to believe what someone else says about our reputation, or our value.
- When we lose the wonder of Easter, we’re far more likely to succumb to the temptations, the rat race, and the habits that rob us of genuine joy.
- When we lose the wonder of Easter we’re far more likely to wind up down a dead-end street searching for our real purpose in this life.
- When we lose the wonder of Easter we’re far more likely to be dominated by fear, anxiety, stress, and depression.
So this weekend, I implore you to bring a friend, and join us as we recapture the wonder of Easter.
Our Good Friday event, “For the Joy Set Before Him,” is at 7:00 pm.
Our Easter Sunday gatherings, “Come and See,” are at 8:30, 10:00, and 11:30.
I look forward to seeing you then. It will be wonder-full!
P.S. This Sunday is the final day for collecting medical supplies for our Tanzania trip in July.
AND, remember our Easter Food Drive for Gaithersburg and Germantown HELP. Watch for the collection containers on your way in this Sunday.