Is this what your 1st birthday looked like?
Last Saturday at 6:00 pm we celebrated a special first birthday. In April 2013 we gave “birth” to a new church plant. We call it our Saturday Gathering. Even though it’s still Seneca Creek, in many ways Saturday is something very new indeed.
- To those of you who intentionally SWITCHED from Sunday to Saturday in order to free up seats for others, thank you! You’re living out the servant-heart of Jesus, who didn’t come to be served, but to serve. Because of you, we DO have seats available for guests on Sunday mornings!
- To those of you who SERVE on Saturdays, and then return on Sunday so you can attend a worship gathering, a HUGE thank you! It takes a big chunk of your weekend, and we owe you a debt of gratitude.
- To those of you who attend Saturdays when your SCHEDULE prohibits you from attending on Sunday, thank you! We’re glad you can join us.
- And to those of you who INTEND to try Saturday, come on out! Spring is a great time to check it out with the longer days. And you can even go grab dinner with a friend after we’re done.
So Happy Birthday, Saturday Gathering! We’re one year old, and 120-150 strong! I hope each of you will have a chance this year to check out the unique environment that happens each Saturday at 6:00 pm.
And speaking of unique environments, Easter is approaching. I know many of you have already invited friends and/or family to join you at Seneca Creek. This is the perfect opportunity to introduce them to Seneca Creek, and ultimately to Jesus. Be sure to take advantage of the pocket-sized invitation cards available at Connection Point.
As usual, we’re expecting large crowds that weekend. Here are some tips to make it a great experience for everyone:
- Arrive early. If you’re dropping off kids in PowerHouse, arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start time (see below). The check-in lines can slow down with first time guests.
- Park in our “satellite” lot across Firstfield, especially if you don’t have small children or difficulty walking. Our parking team can direct you to the gigantic lot across the street. It helps open spots for guests and those who need close parking.
- Sit together. If you like to sit on the end of an aisle, choose a short aisle, or the front row. Whenever possible avoid leaving one or two empty seats between your party and the next one. We’ll likely need all those seats anyway, so just go ahead and introduce yourself to the person next to you and do the “Seneca Creek Skootch.”
Thanks for helping make this a powerful and positive Easter experience for everyone!
P.S. Our Easter weekend service times are different. Good Friday – 7:00 pm; Saturday – 6:00 pm; Sunday – 8:30, 10:00, and 11:30 am.