In just three days our country will remember the unforgettable tragedy of 9/11. It is forever burned into our minds. What do you remember about that day?
- I remember standing in a crowded church office at our Ministry Center on Wisteria Drive, watching a little blurry TV image of the towers coming down.
- I remember the fear that was heavy in the air.
- I remember struggling to understand our world in the days that followed.
- I remember wondering what kind of world my little girls would grow up in.
- I remember standing on the corner of our neighborhood with strangers-who-suddenly-became-friends holding candles and cheering as cars drove by with flags flying.
- I remember gathering to pray for our nation, our leaders, and the families of those who lost their lives on that day.
- I remember LOTS of people coming to church the next Sunday, searching for hope.
I’d appreciate knowing what you remember most. It will help me prepare for this Sunday’s message. Please share your memories in the reply/comment box below.