Ten tips for the last days before Christmas
How will you prepare for Christmas? It will be here in 15 days. Here are ten ways to make the next two weeks less stressful and more enjoyable:
- Re-read the Christmas story in Luke 2:1-20 (or listen to an audio version).
- Invite a family with kids to this Sunday’s PowerHouse FX production. (BONUS: Offer to take them to lunch afterwards.)
- Put those excess Christmas candies into a stocking from the dollar store and give them to a homeless person.
- At the mall, choose a parking spot at the far end, walk a little further and thank God for a body that is healthy enough to walk.
- Discuss your favorite Christmas carol with family or friends.
- Ask your closest friend what gift they could use from God this year, then pray that God would give them that gift.
- Invite a friend over to watch your favorite Christmas movie…or theirs.
- Drive thru your neighborhood slowly and see the decorations, then pray for your neighbors to experience the gift of God’s love this year.
- Pay for the Starbucks drink for the person in line behind you, and wish them a Merry Christmas.
- Invite family or friends to join you for Christmas Eve at Seneca Creek at 3:00, 5:00, or 6:30.
Ten ways to make this season better for you, and better for others.
– Pastor Mark
P.S. Don’t forget the PowerHouse F/X Production, “Shepherd Guys are Comin’ to Town,” this Sunday. You’ll want to arrive early so you don’t miss any of it!
Posted on December 10, 2015, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
Additionally, you can buy a brand new jacket; then give it to someone who really needs one. Offer to rake someones leaves. Let someone go ahead of you in line. On Sunday, give up your seat for someone, so they can have a better view of the PowerHouse FX production. Or go out of your way to hug someone you haven’t hugged in months. 🙂