Are you going back to school?
The pictures on social media this week were awesome. And the comments somewhat predictable. “So proud…Where did the time go?… They grow up so fast…” As everyone from preschoolers to college freshmen embarks on their new educational journey, I’m wondering about YOUR back to school picture.
And I’m wondering about mine, too. Let’s face it, once you have your diploma/degree in hand it’s easy to slip into a routine that carefully avoids new learning. Life can become one week after another of the same faces, same places, and same beliefs and behavior.
But the students heading off to school…they’ve got something to teach the rest of us. Their example teaches us that this is the perfect time to embark on a new season of learning and growing.
- Maybe it’s time to finally put some research into your relationships that have become frayed and faded.
- Maybe it’s time to learn some new ways of managing your finances.
- Maybe this is the year you enroll in the school of “taking care of my body.”
- And maybe (hopefully) this is finally the time that you leave behind the spiritual wilderness and boldly step into a new chapter of your relationship with your Heavenly Father.
One year ago we rolled out an exciting opportunity to help you do just that. It’s called the Rooted Experience, and it’s a powerful way to connect with God, connect with the church, and connect with your purpose. I’m proud to announce that almost 200 people at Seneca Creek…people just like you…have already “enrolled and graduated” from that experience! Listen to some of their comments about their time in Rooted:
- It drew us closer to God, our relationship with Him, actively getting involved in prayer & service. Brought greater depth of knowledge [and an] opportunity to open up and build beautiful relationships with people I’d never met before.
- I had the opportunity to spend more time in prayer, and work on my internal struggles.
- I became more focused on my relationship with God on a daily basis, connected with new people on a deeper level, and learned tremendously about myself through this experience.
- Rooted help me to see some blind spots I have.
- It opens your eyes that you are not the only one with problems. I learned a lot about myself, others, and God.
- I got to understand my purpose that God has for me
And perhaps even more exciting, listen to them describe the change in their lives in just ten weeks:
Before: Was filled with anxiety and the need to control
After: Am learning to let go and trust my heavenly Father
Before: Felt alone in church
After: Have a church family
Before: Self-centered, contentious, defensive
After: Walking in peace
Before: Would pray TO God not expecting to hear his voice
After: Pray WITH God hearing him speak to me
These are the stories of people like you who went back to school. Are you ready to go back to school? I’d like to invite you to enroll today for the Fall Rooted Experience. You can click here for registration and information. Or you can stop by the table in the lobby on Sunday and talk with one of our friendly, knowledgeable volunteers. But whatever you do, don’t delay. We launch this next session on Tuesday, September 13th. Just in time for you to go “back to school.”
Hope to see you then.